More About FVPSA
The Family Violence Prevention and Services Program is one of three programs of the Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB). FYSB’s mission is to promote safety, stability and well-being for people who have experienced or been exposed to violence, neglect or trauma. FYSB achieves this by supporting programs that provide shelter, community services and prevention education for youth, adults and families. FYSB is one of two bureaus within the Administration for Children, Youth and Families (ACYF).
The Family Violence Prevention and Services Program administers the Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA), the primary federal funding stream dedicated to the support of emergency shelter and related assistance for victims of domestic violence and their children. For more information on FVPSA, click here.
FVPSA supports community-driven solutions to domestic violence, domestic and dating violence prevention education, and a network of programs and services to respond to domestic violence across the country, territories and tribal communities. FVPSA is also committed to strengthening our country’s response to domestic violence and ensure that all survivors, including tribal and immigrant communities, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ communities, can safely access the services and supports that meet their needs.
In addition to providing core crisis and intervention services for the safety of victims and survivors of domestic violence and their families, FVPSA coordinates and supports a range of discretionary grant programs. More information about FVPSA’s discretionary grant programs can be found here.
Current discretionary grant programs include:
Collaboration with Other Federal Agencies
The FVPSA Office has partnered with the Administration for Native Americans, Office of Child Care, Office of Head Start, Children’s Bureau, Office of Community Services, Office of Child Support Enforcement, Office of Financial Assistance, Office of Refugee Resettlement, and Office of Human Services Emergency Preparedness and Response to raise awareness about the impact of domestic violence for the millions of families served by the Administration for Youth & Families.
Here is a selection of examples highlighting additional FVPSA-supported initiatives and partnerships:
- Domestic Violence Prevention Enhancement and Leadership Through Alliances (DELTA) Program
- Office of Head Start “Helping Victims of Domestic Violence and Their Children ACF-IM-HS-10-07
- Office of Child Support Enforcement Family Violence Page
- Administration for Children & Families Advancing the Health Care Response to Intimate Partner Violence Page
- Family and Youth Services Bureau Intimate Partner Violence Screening and Counseling Toolkit
- Office on Women’s Health Violence Against Women Page
- Promising Futures: Best Practices for Serving Children, Youth, and Parents Experiencing Domestic Violence
- Runaway & Homeless Youth And Relationship Violence Toolkit
- Domestic Violence Awareness Project
- Domestic Violence Evidence Project